Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Recover full environment

From: "Jamie Riden" <jamie.riden () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:31:43 +0000

2009/1/14 Paul Penley <P.Penley () curtin edu au>:
When I ran undergrad labs a few years back I used DeepFreeze

Deepfreeze is a useful product for Windows - we had around a thousand
computers using it. I wouldn't necessarily trust it if machines had
been exposed to malicious hackers, but it seems to work OK for
students and mucking about.

For any guest OS, VMware allows a revert back to known good image
usually in less than a minute. That would be my preferred option - and
it will allow you to have lots of different guest OSs to play with.

cheers,
 Jamie
--
Jamie Riden / jamesr () europe com / jamie () honeynet org uk
http://www.ukhoneynet.org/members/jamie/