Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Password Cracking Issues

From: Jonathan Cran <jcran () 0x0e org>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 02:05:33 -0500

if you're looking for convention, there isn't one. just do what makes
sense for your customer. if you're delivering the report to the same
person, it might be a waste of your time to set about cracking the
password. that said, are you sure it's still the same password? how
can you be sure? have you verified? documented? i think you see where
i'm going with this.

hope it helps.

jcran