Penetration Testing mailing list archives

OAT released - new VoIP security tool

From: Jason Ostrom <jostrom () viperlab net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:42:24 -0500

VIPER Lab has released OAT (OCS Assessment Tool).  OAT is a free VoIP security assessment tool designed to test the
security configuration of Microsoft OCS SIP infrastructures, for deployment/implementation issues.  It's the first OCS
SIP validation tool written in windows.  We welcome any feedback.

OAT website:
http://voat.sourceforge.net

Some key features of OAT:
- Online dictionary attack against SIP user credentials
- "Presence Stealing" - automated download of all SIP-enabled domain users and SIP presence enumeration
- IM flood security test of domain/targeted OCS users
- Automated calling of domain/targeted OCS users, for purposes of testing for reconnaissance or DoS