Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cracking FTP password so that I can convince people not to use FTP, and to instead use SFTP? How do I crack the pwd?

From: "Chip Panarchy" <forumanarchy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:47:21 +1100

Well thanks for the replies guys.

The most helpful ones (apart from the ones explaining how the protocol
works and differences between that and SFTP etc.) were the ones that
suggested I use;

Brutus or Hydra. (oh, and Metasploit)

As my 'live-hack' will involve crack the FTP site remotely (completely
different network, thus making Wireshark less useful).

Hopefully I can get one of these programs to work.

Thanks, and please don't hesitate to continue to suggest

Panarchy