Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Certifications: Not worth the paper they are printed on?

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:40:48 -0700

On 5-Oct-08, at 4:59 PM, Jay D. Dyson wrote:
To be perfectly blunt, just because someone *claims* they have "over 100 certifications" doesn't mean they actually do. Based on that simple reality, I have to dismiss outright your claim that there's anything broken about today's certifications at all.

I wouldn't even worry about verifying a claim of "having over 100 certs." The claim alone makes the claimer a verified "paper tiger" - who should probably be exempted from whatever selection process for just being dumb by making that claim.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan  November 12/13 2008  http://pacsec.jp