Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OSCP

From: "JB" <pentest () jitonline net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:39:35 -0500 (EST)

For only $500 it is an excellent course (I got my OSCP in May)! You can
spend several times that for other certifications, but this really focuses
on HANDS-ON testing. If you are an experienced pen tester, this course and
the exam will be cake. If you are just starting out, it is a great way to
learn basic techniques and more importantly, how to document your testing.
If you do take it ... do ALL of the labs, even though not all of them may
be relevant to the test, tehy will make you THINK and learning how to
think like pen tester is just as important as learning how to use tools.

JB

Hi there - just out of curiosity, has anyone here taken the "Offensive
Security 101" course to receive the OSCP (Offensive Security Certified
Professional)? I'm curious as to if it is a good course, if it is run
well, and if it's worth the 500+ USD you pay for it. Thanks

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report