Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Port 4662 exploitation

From: "Jorge L. Vazquez" <jlvazquez825 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:50:23 -0500

when you telnet into an unknown port you are not doing it to get a
shell, but to get a tcp header and know what services might be running
on that port..

-j0rg3
blog: www.pctechtips.org

Mohamad M wrote:
Hi again,

I agree it looks very weird; I simply started a Syn scan with nmap, and got
that tcp 4662 is open; when I telneted to 4662, I got shell, but then did
not know how to proceed, hence my email.

Thanks,