Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Looking for help against Chinese Hacking Team

From: "David Glosser" <david.glosser () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:17:39 -0500

1.Have you used a web application scanning tool against your web site
which specifically tests for sql injection and cross site scripting
(not sure what "pen
test product" means)?
2.Have you identified the sql injection entry point? It should be in
your IIS logs.
3.Have you identified the source IP networks? Can they be blocked at
your firewall?
4.Can you place a web application firewall in front of your web
servers? (URLScan is free for IIS, or you can run a linux proxy server
with mod_security in front of your IIS servers - The OS, apache, and
mod_security are free, there would only be hardware costs.
5. Do you have an IDS or IPS in front of your servers as well as
monitoring your database servers?  Snort has a minimal cost.