Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Autorun programs from flash drive.

From: "Erin Carroll" <amoeba () amoebazone com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:55:55 -0700

I've used Hak5's USB Switchblade in the past with great results
(http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/USB_Switchblade). There are multiple flavors to
choose from or it's fairly easy to "roll your own."

As for getting U3/autorun, if the target machine doesn't have Autorun turned
on (and your flash drive isn't U3) I don't know of an easy way to
enable/force this functionality so I'd also be interested to hear some ideas
on this. As far as I'm aware, the only other option is to induce action from
the target end-user.

--
Erin Carroll
amoeba () amoebazone com