Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Testing the user community

From: webmaster () absolutenetworks biz
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:51:39 -0600

what do you mean by "what the *company* is doing, not what the users are doing."

We have policy in place however my purpose of pen testing the user community is
to justify initial training cost/time.  After training has taken place run
similar test and compare the results to see if the training is effective.

Kurt

Quoting Paul Melson <pmelson () gmail com>:

You will find that your results will be more meaningful and it will be
easier to create an effective action plan based on those results if there is
some way of identifying deficiencies relative to what the *company* is
doing, not what the users are doing.