Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Pen-testing - pricing model

From: "Erin Carroll" <amoeba () amoebazone com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:13:15 -0800

Daily rates vary from company to company and on the task types you're
scoping. On average I've seen rates ranging from $75/hr to $300/hr depending
on the type of work involved. Performing a quick external VA would price out
on the lower end of the spectrum due to the lower technical experience
required whereas writing custom exploit code for a particular pen-test would
probably be on the high-end. That kind of expertise and skill is scarce and
the market rates reflect it.