Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: scanrand ver 2

From: Thomas Springer <tuevsec () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:48:02 +0200

Has anyone out there successfully compiled this program on linux?
me not - using knoppix/debian.

I think scanrand 1 was very promising but had some frustrating lack of features and a few bugs.
I'm actively using paketto/scanrand 1.10 as a very fast vanilla-bruteforce-scanner for scanning subnets or bigger nets quickly. Version 1.10 does it's dirty work very fast, faster than every other scanner i tried - i like this speed and wouldn't really expect more features.

I'm using nmap or hping2 for "finetuning" and if I have a specific target - but nmaps speed s*cks on heavily firewalled subnets.

my ten cents.

thomas springer

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831