Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OS Fingerprints

From: Joe Matusiewicz <joem () nist gov>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:01:28 -0400

At 10:07 AM 10/4/2005, BSK wrote:
Dear All,

Some time back I came across a document that listed a
table with Operating systems and their TTL that helped
identify an operating system.

I have a copy of this hanging on my wall:

http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/rock/ROCK-2.1/e/etter.passive.os.fp

-- Joe

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831