Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wireless cards (Unsupported Card fix)

From: Mark Owen <mr.markowen () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:23:51 -0400

On 5/16/05, Joel Merrick <joel () servicestyle com> wrote:

I have an Orinoco gold (plain 11b - not a combo) and I can't for the
life of me get it working with 2.6

I've pretty much tried everything I can think of (kernel modules,
orinoco fro Gentoo's portage, even tried porting a 2.4 series 3rd party
driver)

I always get 'Unsupported Card' when doing a

#cardctl info

any ideas?

I've used Gentoo, but not Gentoo + wireless...
I would recommend that you make sure you have the latest wlan-ng drivers (pre26)

Here is a thread with similar problems:
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-user/2005-February/013184.html

Here is announcement and change log of pre26:
http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermail/linux-wlan-announce/2005-January/000094.html

Hope that helps
--
Mark Owen