Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wireless cards

From: "Guido Bolognesi [Zen]" <zen () kill-9 it>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 00:22:26 +0200

On May 13, 2005, at 10:12 PM, Michael C. McDonnell wrote:
I'm trying to find a wireless card for my laptop with an external antenna jack and linux drivers but the linux part is eliminating every one I have seen.

Ciscos have been mentioned: supported by Linux (airo.c/airo_cs), hardware channel hopping, support for external antenna (LMC-352, IIRC) with two MMCX
connectors. Cables are a bit tricky, got a MMCX-SMA custom built as some
external antennas. 100mW max power, I fear.
A bit more expensive than the average, maybe.

happy search,
--
g.