Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: GPRS Security

From: Ty Bodell <tebodell () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:19:46 -0500

On 7/14/05, dinckan () uekae tubitak gov tr <dinckan () uekae tubitak gov tr> wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody knows well known threats and vulnerabilities in the GPRS
system? We are working on a master thesis named how to deploy secure GPRS
network. we searched google but couldn't get enough information.

I'm sure these are on google but just some bookmarks I had:
http://www.gsm-security.net/gsm-security-papers.shtml
Some good papers on GSM-GPRS deployment security and great
cryptanalysis writings for A5/1,2,3

http://www.brookson.com/gsm/contents.htm
Some good papers here too, one specifically for GPRS arch. security if
I remember right.

http://www.protocols.com/pbook/gprs.htm
Could always try building a protocol fuzzer :-P afaik ethereal handles
at least GPRS-GTP

We need
something new about GPRS threats.

Thank you very much for your help in advance

Ali Dinckan

Goodluck,
Tebodell