Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pentest Letter of Achievement/Certificate

From: John Kinsella <jlk () thrashyour com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:46:15 -0700

First off, I guess I read between the lines of blowfish's orig. post -
was trying to provide a seal of approval so to speak, saying that a
given pen test was conducted in a thorough manner by a respectable
source.

Did a quick review of the 2.1 docs, what I was thinking of isn't quite
a letter as you were looking for (that's done in 5 mins with a word
processor) but there's a seal and verbage on page 11 that "certifies"
to a degree what's been done.

What it comes down to, though, is if one follows the manual for the
pentest, and issues a thorough report following the templates - you
should end up with a fairly thick and useful document.  At that point,
putting a signed page with a seal on it at the front should satisfy most
people.

btw, isecom guys - http://www.isecom.org/stamps.htm is dead, altho
linked to in a public document.  tsk, tsk. :)

John