Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Email Pen-testing

From: "Al Smolkin" <UnODir () hotpop com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:37:07 -0500

It is your job as a pen-tester to completely outline to the higher staff exactly what and where you will be doing, and
that includes social engineering. It is the
management of the bank's job to educate their employees (or hire you to do so) prior or after the pen-test.

Be forewarned, though. Make sure that you go over every detail with the management. Don't forget in describing the test
to dot the "I"s and cross the "T"s,
otherwise, your butt could easily end up in the proverbial sling.

as far as the social engineering goes overall, remember, Kevin Mitnick made a career out of it.

Al Smolkin
CEH, CCNA