Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Ethical Hacking Training

From: "Jeremiah Cornelius" <jeremiah () nur net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:37:46 -0800

One thing to watch out for is something Foundstone did at one point.  They
took note of the companies from which everyone came, and eventually ran a
rather large advertisement which named every company that in any way
competed with them, which further insinuated that these companies only knew
what they knew from attending Foundstone training.  I know this because the
company I worked for at the time was named; one of our people had attended a
seminar out of curiosity (he was let go as a result).

Let me get this straight.  Your company fired someone for attending a Foundstone event?  He was held liable for
Foundstone's behavior?

If I were you, I'd be pushing my resume around to your competition!