Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Ethical Hacking Training

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:58:08 -0500

One thing to watch out for is something Foundstone did at one point.  They
took note of the companies from which everyone came, and eventually ran a
rather large advertisement which named every company that in any way
competed with them, which further insinuated that these companies only knew
what they knew from attending Foundstone training.  I know this because the
company I worked for at the time was named; one of our people had attended a
seminar out of curiosity (he was let go as a result).