Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: delving deeper

From: Jose Costa <joselpcosta () yahoo com br>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:23:25 -0300 (ART)

Just some well know:

www.securityfocus.com
www.sans.org/rr/
www.insecure.org/tools.html
www.securitydocs.com

They have a good paper about pen test:
http://www.hackingspirits.com

Rgds,

Jose Costa

 --- Chris Benedict <chrisb () daemonnews org> escreveu:
Hi, I've been looking at security and
penetration-testing for some
time now and would like to get further into it.  I'd
like to learn
more about penetration-testing, forensics,
techniques for network
exploration/mapping, web application security and
incedent handling.
However I'm not really sure where to start, I looked
at the OSSTMM and
it was above my head.

At the moment I have a very limited budget and only
a few spare
low-end computers.  If it matters, I'm mainly
running OpenBSD.  Are
there any particular books or other media that I
should take a look at?

Any thoughts or recommendations are welcomed and
greatly appreciated.

-Chris Benedict

Yahoo! Mail - Agora com 250MB de espaço gratuito. Abra
uma conta agora! http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/