Penetration Testing mailing list archives

delving deeper

From: Chris Benedict <chrisb () daemonnews org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:34:08 -0600

Hi, I've been looking at security and penetration-testing for some time now and would like to get further into it. I'd like to learn more about penetration-testing, forensics, techniques for network exploration/mapping, web application security and incedent handling. However I'm not really sure where to start, I looked at the OSSTMM and it was above my head.

At the moment I have a very limited budget and only a few spare low-end computers. If it matters, I'm mainly running OpenBSD. Are there any particular books or other media that I should take a look at?

Any thoughts or recommendations are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

-Chris Benedict