Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: http fingerprinting

From: Franck Veysset <franck.veysset () rd francetelecom com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:48:43 +0200

this remind me the RFP talk at Hivercon.
Have a look at :
http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/talks/hivercon-2002/
RFP gives some information on web server fingerprinting techniques.

-Franck

Rick Hoekman wrote:
Anyone know if there are tools to fingerprint webservers that do not
give away their type and version?

As far as I know there is a paper/thesis on one tool called HMAP.pl. You
can read it here http://seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu/papers/hmap-thesis.pdf

Thanks!

Rick

--
Franck VEYSSET  - France Telecom R&D/DTL/SSR
mailto: franck.veysset () rd francetelecom com

Costs are climbing and complaints are rising
as SPAM overloads your e-mail servers and Inboxes
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam & viruses
and gives you the reports to prove it.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-pen-test2
Download a free trial and see just
what's going in and out of your organization. --------------------------------------------------------------