Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: Sumit Dhar <dhar () dexponet com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:54:21 -0400 (EDT)

- arpspoof : as soon as i lauch arpspoof, the network is
almost out of service. I mean i can still ping pcs between
eachother, but the telnet sessions won't open. ( I ENABLED
THE IPFORWARDING OPTION ON MY LINUX COMPUTER, and it works
as the pings go through it ).

Can you please send the exact command that you are using..

Also send your machines IP and you Gateway's IP.

I would assume you are spoofing your networks gateway? And I gotta
confess this sounds like a very very strange problem. I have used
arpspoof with out problems. But then I usually target one machine.. not
the whole network.

Just curious, what do other people use for captuing IM conversations..
Unfortunately msgsnarf is not as good as I would like it. It doesnt
capture conversations that are already in progress and on my Mandrake
8.1 it often crashes...

I have used lcrzoex which in my opinon is pretty good.. but it has no
filters that can clean the data from its raw format...

Regards
Dhar

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/