Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: woof () droopy 2y net
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:40:48 +0200

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:19:11AM -0400, Sumit Dhar wrote:

[...]

Also has anyone run arpspoof continiously for say something like 2-3
days?? I had some issues due to that... anyone else with similar
experience?

I've been running arpspoof for more than weeks and weeks because of one server
removed no possibility to change configuration on one of the client.
It has been working fine with 2 arpspoof running in background and some Source NAT
and Destination NAT

I am not sure whether dsniff allows you to hijack connections.. but hunt
does. I am sure that is one advantage of hunt over most other sniffers.
Yes if your aim is just to monitor, either can be used. These days I
have been playing around with lcrzoex.. which is pretty nifty too. :)

dsniff allow to hijack connections if you have a daemon listening somewhere else
on the network to receive network stream. (as sshmitm does).

Sorry for my poor englis

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/