Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: kumar mahadevan <kumar_mahadevan_6 () yahoo ca>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:24:33 -0400 (EDT)

thanks for the reply.

I am new to this so purely going by the theory on
SANS.
http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/switched_network.htm

Which says, that there are 3 ways to sniff on swicthed
networks.

    1. ARP spoofing.
    2. MAC flooding.
    3. MAC Duplicating.

number 2 is not an option.
number 1 is ok except I did not want risk breaking
Network connectivity even after enabling IP
Forwarding.

numer 3 is "supposed to be the easiest" since one just
changes to the NIC. Also according to this article
there is no need to ARP Spoof, if using MAC
Duplicating.

----->    Hence, back to the original question:
Even though your answer makes sense as well (although
the victim computer has lost NO connectivity yet. The
victim whose MAC address I have duplicated on my RH 7
box has full network connectivity, still)

----->    how do I now get Telnet sessions originating
from the victim to destination servers:23

thanks again

kumar.