Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: problems to start a task with at.exe

From: Windex King <WindexKing () mor-lan-d com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:50:09 -0500

Hi,

I think Mike Brentlinger is on the right track but I
think a bit more clarification should help.

By default, the schedule service starts as LocalSystem.

So, if you fire up an interactive LocalSystem cmd.exe
session and do some testing you should see:

C:\>id
uid=1(SYSTEM) gid=1(SYSTEM) groups=2(Administrators),3(Everyone)

C:\>pwdump
pwdump: You must be running as user Administrator to run this program

C:\>

On my W2K box, the new pwdump2 worked fine via a LocalSystem shell.

W       K

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/