Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Windows NT/2000 Enumerators for Linux/UNIX

From: Rick Redman <redmanr () MINGA COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:39:12 -0500

Does any one know of any good Windows NT/2000 Enumerators for UNIX/Linux?

Here is the problem, if I am attacking a Win2K/NT server and I need a list
of users,groups,lockout policies, shares, etc I have to boot into Windows on my
attack machine and run either hunt.exe (part of another package, I forget
which one) or enum.exe (by Jordan Ritter <jpr5 () darkridge com>)

Does anyone have/know of UNIX based tools to get this type of information.
Obviously I can use 'nat' (NetBIOS Security Kit v1.0) to get SOME information
but I don't want to brute-force passwords at the same time. I have some other
small scripts that will get me SOME information, but I am looking for an
all-in-one tool that will make life ALOT easier. Hopefully I dont have to
write one...

What do other people do about testing 2K/NT systems when your attack platform
is a UNIX varient? Obviously smbclient/nat and perl helpout alot, but not
100%.

-Minga