Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] subnet discovery

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:43:56 +0100

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Leif Sawyer wrote:

Yonatan Bokovza writes:
Note that Cisco Catalyst 5505 with OSS v4.5 answers
both direct requests and broadcast requests.

A machine nmap identifies as "NOKIA IPSO 3.2-fcs4
releng 783" does too. I think it's a firewall-in-a-box.

This is the Nokia Firewall appliance, which is running
Checkpoint Firewall-1.

I haven't played with them enough to be able to tell you
what version of CpFW-1 it's running -- we're due to get
ours installed later this year. :-)

Could be v4.0 or v4.1 (excluding SP3) if the IPSO version is correct.

Hugo.

--
hugo () vanderkooij org         http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/