Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: how IKE works in case of Checkpoint Firewall

From: DABDELMO () bouyguestelecom fr
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:36:52 +0200

IKE in VPN-1 takes place the normal way (the proof is that it can work with
other implementations ;)). The first phase is classical, the goal is to buil
the SA ISAKMP using DH, and a preshared key or a certificate for
authentication. The second phase build the 2 SAs needed for the data
exchange. What can be confusing is that you can not configure DH on VPN-1,
you just have to know that it is group 2 (1024 bits), and it can not be
changed (not from what I know at least). Though DH can not be configured,
you can at least activate PFS, which is of course PFS group 2.
Regards

David