Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] AS/400

From: Aleksander Czarnowski <alekc () AVET COM PL>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:08:22 +0100

Hi,
First of all check out securityfocus library (just enter AS/400 as search
string). Than your next best choice is IBM RedBooks where you can find
security consideration for AS/400: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/. The rest
depends on type of audit you will perform, your current knowledge and
experience with other operating systems. Anyway even if one has read all the
manuals there are, still there are a dozen of pitfalls waiting for you. Some
things come only with experience so I would take some one who knows AS/400
for long time with me to perform an audit.
Regards,
Alex Czarnowski