Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Nuera Lost Password

From: "Lastname, Firstname" <bparis () SORRENTOLACTALIS COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:50:21 -0500

First, I would see if there is a reset button somewhere (usually hides
behind a small hole) on the equipment. Second, give Nuera a call and see if
they can help you. You may have to pay for support, but if the equipment is
valuable that is a small price to pay.. .

http://www.nuera.com

Bill Paris
Telecommunication/Network Analyst
Sorrento Lactalis Inc.
bparis () sorrentolactalis com

I'm administrating a new network and the ex-administrator
just left the
place taking with him all the passwords for the networking
devices .. i've
managed to break cisco passwords but still stuck with "NUERA
Access Plus
100" password.

I Tried to connect to the console port but its disabled (I
have no idea if
he done so or what?) and when i telnet to the device IP i got
stuck with
Password line .. i tried the default passwords like nuera /
password or
blank password and all doesn't work.

Does any have an idea or the steps needed to break and
retrieve that lost
password or a site with resources for Nuera technical stuff ?
i will be
glad to hear from you guys soon.