Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] AS/400

From: David.Thane () NEWCASTLENET CO UK
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:18:49 +0000

There are number of areas you could audit on the As400, but I would suppose
you will be concentrating on security.  I could not list the areas but
there are tools on the AS400 to help (depending on the operating system
level).  From a command line type GO SECURITY and this will access a number
of options with the AS400.  There are a number of websites to help
including http://www.as400network.com.  There are off the shelf products
available as well.

If you want anymore information on specific areas drop me a line.

Hope this is useful

Dave Thane

This E-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended for the addressee only. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Newcastle Building Society.
disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance upon the
contents of this E-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
E-mail transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately, so that NBS may arrange for its proper delivery. Please then
delete the message from your inbox. Please note that
NBS does not enter into any form of contract by means of Internet e-mail.
None of the staff of NBS is authorised to enter into
contracts on behalf of NBS in this way. NBS introduces only to Norwich
Union Marketing group, members of which are regulated
by the Personal Investment Authority and/or IMRO for life assurance,
pensions and investments.

Web site : www.newcastle.co.uk

                    Gilbert Alaverdian
                    <gilbert.a () NEO NET        To:     PEN-TEST () SECURITYFOCUS COM
                    .AU>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     [PEN-TEST] AS/400
                    Penetration
                    Testers
                    <PEN-TEST@SECURITY
                    FOCUS.COM>

                    20/02/2001 11:28
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    Penetration
                    Testers

Dont you love it when weird and wonderful OSs come up in your line of work?
:)

A client of mine needs an audit done on AS/400 systems. Im after some audit
documentation. I have the default u/p list but need more technical things
to look for during an audit.

Can anyone point me to some technical documents regarding audits, the
system, OS info etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gilbert Alaverdian