Penetration Testing mailing list archives

CFM SQL injection

From: "Charlie Liserne" <Chili () SexMagnet com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:22:14 +0100

Hello guys,

I'm performing a pen-test against a web with Coldfusion installed. I obtain
some error information, but I'm not able to do nothing because the server
never understand the parameters I send.

The correct page is as follows:
http://www.server.com/page.cfm?page_id=8

My probes are following:

-------------------
Request: http://www.server.com/page.cfm?page_id=8&apos;

Result:
Invalid parameter type
Cannot convert 19' to number.
Please, check the ColdFusion manual for the allowed conversions between
data types
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFPARAM), occupying document position (5:1) to (5:61).
Template: c:\blabla\page.cfm
Query String: page_id=19'
------------------------

So it isn't interpreting the ' and I don't know how to execute commands. It
seems that it is not an SQL issue, instead it looks a coldfusion error.
Another probe follows:

--------------------
Request: http://www.server.com/page.cfm?page_id=0

Result:
ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 3: Incorrect syntax
near '='.
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (15:1) to (16:65).
------------------

Okay, i get an error from the SQL database. But still don't know how to
take advantage of it. I don't know the database name and I have very little
info about it.

Also, there are two more interesting probes:
---------------------------
Request:http://www.server.com/page.cfm?page_id=3,

Result:
Invalid parameter type
Cannot convert 3, to number.
----------------------------
Request: http://www.server.com/page.cfm?page_id=3,4

Result:
ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 3: Incorrect syntax
near ','.
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (6:1) to (6:72).

Do you know how to exploit this (if it's possible)?

Regards,
Charlie.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/