Penetration Testing mailing list archives

sniffing X traffic.

From: Power Steve <steve.power () barclaycard co uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:44:52 +0100

Hey all

long time listener, first time caller.

Anyone know if you can meaningfully sniff Exceed ( I guess it's the same as
X) traffic?  Im being a bit lame, my personal test lab is down atm, and I
cant find anything on the net re sniffing and interpreting X traffic.

If anyone would be so kind as to answer a specific question, could I see
passwords etc in the traffic?

thanks in advance.

Steve Power
Security Consultant

Legal Disclaimer:-

Please be aware that messages sent over
the Internet may not be secure and should
not be seen as forming a legally binding
contract unless otherwise stated.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/