Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] A little levity Revisited

From: "Schlachter, Jake" <jts28 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:57:46 -0400

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Deus, Attonbitus wrote:

But I am concerned about the performance of such a probe.
Pendantically, wouldn't it take one billion nanoprobes to make a
whole probe?  Where is the temporal density in that?

This is the funniest thing I've ever read.

I hate to hit the guy again before he gets up, but you should
really check out "Steve's Ultra Secret Project-X".

http://grc.com/steve.htm#project-x

jake's choice pix:

"In other words, this is the BIG one folks. I sincerely believe
that when *you* see the display produced by *PROJECT-X*, your
eyebrows will redefine your hairline."
"I *DO* know how bizarre this sounds. 'Hidden truths?' 'Other
people in control?' 'Unnerving secrets buried in our
computers?' I wouldn't blame you for thinking that I'm being
deliberately over-dramatic, and you might wonder what I've been
smoking out here in Southern California. Or whether, perhaps,
I've become a little too involved with the X-Files TV show."

"But let me assure you that I'm completely serious about what
I've said. *IF* (his emphasis) I can create this product, it
will be based upon sound serious new technology -- **just like
everything else I've created on this web site**. (my emphasis =)"
"I don't yet know for sure that I can even *do* what
*PROJECT-X* requires, but I think I can. It's never been done
before -- not even close, not ever tried, not even attempted.
I'm sure. When you see it, you'll gulp and know why."

hehe. This is silly. Go read the page-- i'm sure all the
eyeballs he's gotten today from people tearing apart his stuff
is only driving up his banner rates =)

Steve Gibson is what you read in between oldmanmurray updates.

jts28
--
"Pedantically, wouldn't it take one billion nanoprobes to make
a whole probe? Where's the temporal density in that?"