Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] AppScan

From: "john.george" <john.george () HOME COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:25:24 -0700

I will keep you updated as time goes by. So have you found any good info on Sanctum?

I've looked at Clicknet and feel it does not sever the same perpose. Clicknet protects the operating system and API's.
They are subscription based and require continual updating to the library of signatures that are recognized.  The
product does not actively protect the HTTP and therefore does not provide web application security.  Clicknet can
identify and prevent specific known attacks such as buffer overflows, getadmin, and some other attacks, but does not
protect against site defacement, sequel queries,  holes in the application, pearl scripts, etc.
Let stay intouch on this.

John G.