Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Password Protection

From: Fred Mobach <fred () MOBACH NL>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:54:00 +0200

in0m of the s0d crew wrote:

I have collected a group of information, Doc's, txt, Graphs and so on
while on a job. I want to present that information to the client on a
CD. I would like to have the client be able to browse direct off the
CD.

However I would like to some how password protect the CD so no one can
browse any of the information on the disk with out the password. I
know I could just zip and protect the info on the cd but that would
require the client to have to unzip to the HD, I would prefer that did
not have to happen. I would like to keep it all on the CD, this is for
a few reasons, legal being one of them.

Peter Mercer

You can place all your data in an encrypted filesystem under GNU/Linux
(e.g. ext2) and put that filesystem onto a CD. Instead of a password the
user needs a key but that should be a key generated for this sole
purpose.

--
Fred Mobach - fred () mobach nl - postmaster () mobach nl
Systemhouse Mobach bv - The Netherlands