Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] War Dialling

From: Matthew Leeds <mleeds () CDDB COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:44:15 -0800

If you're doing a test with full assistance from the target, get a list of telcom providers from them, and an executed
approval letter to get the Customer Service Records (CSRs) from each telcom provider. This will list all the telcom
lines, both those that may terminate on a PBX, and all those old analog lines that everyone has forgotten about, but
that may terminate on service modems for who knows what equipment. You may be surprised by what gets found.

---Matthew Leeds