Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Penetration Testing and Van Eck Scanning

From: David Alexander <dalexander () TRISKELE CO UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:59:11 -0000

I have never done it, but I have seen the results, it shows legible text.
Ross Anderson at Cambridge University has produced a set of word processing
software that can defeat V-E scanning using software only. What you see on
the screen is not what you see in the van - it's unintelligible. I don't
know how it works and I have no idea if anyone is picking up on it
commercially.

Regards

David Alexander
Project Manager & Information Security Consultant
Qualified BS7799 Lead Auditor
Triskele Ltd.

Office  01491 833280
Mobile 0780 308 3130