Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] college or not ?

From: David Alexander <dalexander () TRISKELE CO UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:22:55 -0000

I sort of sat on both stools at once. I studied for an MSc. in Computing
with the (UK) Open University which you do by correspondence and study in
your own time, with exams at regular intervals. I got a degree while holding
down a full-time job in IT and having had 6 years full-time experience
before I started.

In my view the experience was a big help, and the study was a big help too.
I was able to apply my studies to my work and use my work as case studies on
the course - a really great arrangement.

just my 2c.

David Alexander
Project Manager & Information Security Consultant
Qualified BS7799 Lead Auditor
Triskele Ltd.

Office  01491 833280
Mobile 0780 308 3130