Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Where do you go?

From: Rafael Coninck Teigao <rafael () SAFECORE NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:10:48 -0200

Ryan Russell wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Tim Hirst wrote:

Once upon a time, when a Penetration Tester needed to get the latest
vulnerability information or the most recent exploit code, they had a
few good sites to choose from. But now rootshell and insecure.org
haven't been updated in eons (in internet time) and packetstorm no
longer has the same cutting edge feel that they once had (damn you JP!).

If I may throw in a question (since we host this list :) ), what's missing
from SecurityFocus.com that makes us not the best place for that kind of
stuff?

                                        Ryan

    That's easy: SecurityFocus.com does not look so underground like
PackStorm (really, they look like a Sci-Fi hackers movie) :-).

    Just kidding, I like SecurityFocus a lot, but sometimes I think it's hard
to find what I want. Of course the BID is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T and I refer  to
it as much as I can, but I don't like the look and feel of the site. Whenever
I try to look for a paper or article... usually I get mad with the search
engine and the page sometimes take sooooo long to load (I think it is too
heavy and the banners changing so quickly), also the info-sec radio could use
other formats, like MP3.

    SecurityFocus has the best info there is, but I can't stand searching for
it for long periods.

    []'s,
    Rafael Coninck Teigao
    CTO
    SafeCore Network Solutions
    http://SafeCore.NET

--
And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;