Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Decrypting VNC passwords - Tool required

From: Loki <loki.loa () SUBDIMENSION COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:58:17 -0700

Is their a method of retreiving those same VNC passwords remotely? Or are we
just talking about a simple brute-force?

Loki [LoA]
loki.loa () subdimension com

"A verse from Saint Paul stays with me. It is perhaps the strangest
passage in the Bible in which he writes: Even now in Heaven there were
angels carrying savage weapons."

PGP Key fingerprint =  67 1D 12 BE 61 D6 63 B2  6A 8C F8 A1 80 88 1B 4
[jbrill () nasa gov]# ./crack /etc/passwd > passwd.cr
[jbrill () nasa gov]# su - root
[root () nasa gov]#