Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Source Routing and MS Proxy 2.0

From: erica bernt <erica_bbb () YAHOO COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:35:37 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I will be doing some authorized penetration testing on
a MS Proxy 2.0 server connected to the internet. I see
that there is a
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-1999-0909
potential source routing attack that is possible.

Have any of you had success with such a test ? Which
utilities do you use for the source routing ? Is the
loose source routing facility in netcat good enough ?

I would be grateful of any suggestions and hints as to
go about my penetration test of MS Proxy and of useful
source routing tools.

thanks Erica