Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Source Routing and MS Proxy 2.0

From: Oliver Friedrichs <ofriedrichs () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:59:34 -0700

There was an NAI advisory released in regards to this, which will
give you more details:

http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/advisory.html?id=1761

And a Microsoft patch:

http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/advisory.html?id=1762

You will definately need something more complex than netcat to
exploit this, since you're manipulating IP options by hand, rather
than via the network stack.  The easiest way is probably to use
libnet and write your own tools for this.

- - Oliver