PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: identifying outbound web proxy

From: Chris Campbell <chris () ctcampbell com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:08:38 +0000

On 26 Nov 2013, at 18:10, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:

On 26 Nov 2013 18:04, "Chris Campbell" <chris () ctcampbell com> wrote:

You are probably best knocking up a script that looks for vendor specific error messages. In my experience most
people don't customise authentication/DNS/timeout error messages so that's a good place to start.

That's what I thought but I don't have access to enough devices to generate something worth having.

In all reality, unless you are testing in a small firm, the chances are pretty high that it’s a Blue Coat ProxySG or
Websense V10/5K.