PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Wake on LAN in corporate environments

From: Takayuki Shodai <travellingmonk () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:09:01 -0400

I'm pretty sure Cisco switches are set by default to drop directed
broadcasts. I remember having a discussion about using WOL for updates, but
setting up specific WOL routes from the core to the worksations was a
hassle, and then we couldn't turn off the machines after getting patches
(without 3rd party tools) so the project was dropped.

-Tabo