PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Wake on LAN in corporate environments

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:00:24 +0100

On 17 October 2013 15:57, Josh More <jmore () starmind org> wrote:
I've done this in some environments.

Nessus has a plugin to make this easier:
http://www.tenable.com/blog/leveraging-wake-on-lan-support-to-audit-powered-off-hosts-with-nessus

I'm thinking more when acting as an attacker rather than an admin
doing scheduled scans, in that situation you wouldn't have a list of
MACs so would need to either blast all possible values or trim it a
bit by looking at existing machines and guessing probably OUIs.

Robin

-Josh More