PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Pwn Plug and Nessus

From: David Maynor <dmaynor () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:04:33 -0400

I like running PVS when I can, if not I will run tcpdump. It's good to have a packet log if you are doing anything
deep. Not just from a CYA standpoint but also a "wow I suddenly have a password file and I don't know what I did to get
it" log. I cannot count the number of times an app assessment hit serious pay dirt just messing around with wget and it
took hours for me to notice let alone reproduce. PVS would have flagged a passed file download.